Saturday 20 August 2011

For Sale!

I'm a big fan of Tron equipment and the sound GT ekes from it, so that is probably going to be Tron pure silver interconnects and cables (to match the wiring in the Discovery power amp), silver wiring of the pseudo-Syren preamp, and finally a Tron DAC. I heard the prototype a few times and, once again, it displays that easy musicality and tangible believability that marks out the very best products.

But... *so* expensive! Plus I have ambitions to update the vinyl front end - a new cartridge (Koetsu or Miyajima in all likelihood) and full Sondek set up and maybe Radikal or Sole upgrades; but, given the cost of those, another turntable like a Raven AC or Feickert Woodpecker maybe. We will see...

To fund the next purchases on the list I need to scavenge some of the other stuff! So I have for sale

1. (ON HOLD) Two SAP Relaxa 1 magnetically levitating platforms, one damaged by a drunken guest (in fact a drunken wife of a drunken guest) but which continues to work despite bent retaining pins. £125 for the unbent one, £100 for the bent one
2. SOLD Lindemann D680 SACD player - just google for reviews, it *is* amazing but I think the Tron DAC is better and I'm preemptively selling this. £2500
3. SOLD PHY speaker cable, 5.5m - check out the price on the PHY website and £500 is an absolute bargain for this cotton-wrapped, silver-plated solid core copper cable

More to follow...

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have the relax platforms for sale? If so please email me at w.dietz@comcast.net Thanks!

    Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry - I missed your post. I'm afraid that I have them tucked away in a box somewhere and will need to fish them out. They are not in a great physical condition, so I must inspect them before trying to sell them. Bear with me!

    ReplyDelete