Tuesday 10 June 2014

Munich

So, for the first time I took the plunge and travelled to Munich for the show.

I will post on various systems. But first, the joy of cheap air travel that is Easyjet and the thrill I have at being the victim, yet again, of French Air Traffic controllers and their lightning strikes.

This is the queue in the departure lounge at Gatwich South terminal on Thursday evening after our flight was delayed by two hours and then 'contact airline desk' flashed up on the display screens:

Then, after it was cancelled, we were herded through customs and passport control and back to another queue. This is me at the back.



About an hour later, this is me midway along



Another 45 minutes and this is me about to be served. Just two people in front of me.


I was canny. From the back of the queue and with charge failing, I used my iPhone to book a ticket on the Friday early morning flight and then check in. People in front of me couldn't get on the flight because I'd booked a seat online first. Phew! Insurance claim for the loss and we're en route to the bier keller.


Ah, but on the way home Easyjet decide that hand luggage must be squeezed by 10cm in all axes or else go in the hold. Another enjoyable queue.


Munch (the show) itself to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment